“It’s time to pimp up humble poached eggs on toast. Trust me when I say avocado and poached eggs are a match made in heaven! Try and get your eggs from a local farm/farm shop if you can because unfortunately “free range” doesn’t mean all that much when buying from a super market. Do your research – there is no shame in calling the farm shop and asking where the eggs are from and how the chickens are kept!”
- 4 big handfuls of spinach
- 1 -2 avocado
- 4 organic free range eggs from happy chickens!
- 4 slices of wholemeal, sour dough or rye bread
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 red chilli thinly sliced. Remove the seeds if you prefer
- Place you spinach in a colander and pour over a little boiling water. Once the spinach has wilted squeeze it with your hands to get rid of the water.
- Pop your eggs in a pan of boiling water and let them poach gently. (3 mins for a soft yolk)
- Toast your bread and mash your avocado up with a fork
- Top your toasted bread with avocado, spinach, a squeeze of lemon juice, your poached egg and a little chilli.